Phoenixville

PHOENIXVILLE - Founded 1849.  Named after the fabulous bird that rose out of the ashes to new life.  The town has a wealth of history dating back to the 18th Century.  The town was originally named Manavon when settled in 1732.  The Phoenixville name was adopted when the borough was incorporated in 1849.  The Phoenix Iron Works was one of the major iron and steel mills in the country for decades

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Washington and Waynesburg Railroad - Washington Station

Sawhill Covered Bridge

Wright or Cerl Bridge