Glen Campbell

(Fred Yenerall, 1975)
With the recent passing of legendary musician, Glen Campbell, it's only fitting to share a post about the Pennsylvania village that shares his name.  The tiny Indiana County village of about 250 was founded in 1889 and named after Cornelius Campbell who was a superintendent with the Glenwood Coal Company.

The borough flourished in the late 19th and early 20th century with over 1600 residents at the time of the 1900 census.  However, the town was hit hard by the Great Depression and never recovered. 

The more famous Campbell made a surprise visit to Glen Campbell in 1971 giving the town its own five minutes of fame. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Searights Toll House

Washington and Waynesburg Railroad - Washington Station