Day Covered Bridge

The Day Covered Bridge is similar in style and length to many other Washington County covered bridges.  The 36 and a half foot queenspost bridge over Short Creek can be easily accessed from PA 18 between Sparta and Prosperity.  The bridge was built in 1875 and in 1979 was added to the National Register of Historic Places.  In 1999, the bridge was closed until a rehabilitation project in 2003 enabled the bridge to once again carry vehicular traffic.

Bridge Specs:
  • Number: 38-63-12
  • Built: 1875
  • Design: Queenspost through truss
  • Length: 36 1/2 Feet
  • Crosses: Short Creek
Sources & Links:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Searights Toll House

Washington and Waynesburg Railroad - Washington Station