Colvin Bridge

Colvin Covered Bridge (Bee Family)
The Colvin Bridge is one of the oldest of Bedford County's numerous covered bridges.  Originally built by J.H. Thompson in 1880, the bridge was refurbished in 1997 by Kee-ta Quay Construction.  The Colvin Bridge along with the Palo Alto Bridge is one of two multiple king post bridges in the county.  A third, the McDaniels, was destroyed by fire on Easter Sunday in 1988.  The county owned bridge is also known as the Calvin or Shiller Bridge.

Colvin Covered Bridge (Bee Family)

Bridge Specs:
Number: 38-05-24
Design: Multiple King Post
Length: 72 feet
Crosses: Shawnee Creek
Built: 1880
 
Directions:

  • From Bedford: Follow US 30 West to Schellsburg, one block after the PA 96 intersection (traffic light)  turn left onto Pitt Road, then continue Southwest on Mill Road (Township Road 443) to bridge.
  • Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Donora - Webster Bridge

    Fells Church Cemetery - Fellsburg

    Log Jammer Memories